WRITING on the Smoke & Mirrors typescript comes along apace. Here are some stats:
- Scenes written: 97
- Scenes total: 133
- Scenes remaining: 36
- Words written: a bit under 67,000
- Estimated final word count: neighbourhood of 90,000
Not as good progress as I’d hoped, but then I spent some of the time going back over recently-written scenes to tighten up some stuff and fix a few problems, which skewed the numbers a bit.
Meanwhile, my copy editor read the ‘script of The Artemis Device in a day (good sign!) and came back with a list of things to change, including some things to give characters a bit more depth, and also to improve the pacing. I have a couple of ideas on that but for the time being I’m continuing with Smoke & Mirrors. I’d really like to stay on track with it and get the first draft finished before I switch back to Artemis.
In other news: Thanksgiving—our first in our new house—was a blast. Good food, good company, and good fun (apart from one blemish that I won’t go into here).
And on that note, it’s time for me to close this and think about some dinner, and get back to some writing.
Until next time . . .